Seeking Purchase/Lease or Creative Partnership: 15+ acres in Willamette Valley, PDX, or Gorge area
Land Seeker Description
- There are many things I want to grow and build and cultivate. I am interested in purchasing or leasing land, but I am also very interested in a Creative Partnership with a partner who shares my values. I have plans for what I want to farm, but I am also open to what is best for the land I am on, and what a partner may be passionate about.
- I am interested in sustainable and regenerative farming practices, in interdependent polyculture systems, and cultivating a diverse array of crops and livestock with long term goals of becoming a largely self-sustaining farm and a reliable part of the community.
- I am also interested in progressive farming strategies aimed at ecosystem preservation and resistance to climate change.
- Some of my plans include:
- Dairy goats
- Honey bees
- Greenhouse crops
- Fruit and nut trees
- Olive trees
What features of the property are essential?
- A water source.
- Some woodland areas, or adjacent to woodland.
Describe your farming experience
I have a small amount of experience working on a few farms growing up. Included caring for livestock (horses, cows, and goats), flower farming, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and assisting with farm events.
As an adult I have experience with backyard vegetable and grain gardening, and native plant cultivation (turned an area struggling with erosion and invasive plants, into a healthy meadow area thriving with native plants and grasses).
I also have extensive experience in multiple industries in start-up business operations, business management, operations management, financial planning and management, and human resource management.
Are you currently farming?
What are your short term goals for the land
- Establish some foundational stable revenue streams.
- Build or purchase any essential property features that are still needed.
- Create strong ties within the area’s community.
- Develop a symbiotic relationship with the soil.
What are your long term goals
- Create a diverse set of stable resources for our community.
- Create community space.
- Build a self-sustaining farming ecosystem.
Describe your housing needs
I would like to live on the land, but I do not have a specific type of housing in mind. I’m willing to get creative!
What will you do as a farmer to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone on your farm and in your community?
I will be transparent about my personal values, infuse them into all decisions, hold myself accountable to them, and empower those around me to hold me accountable to them as well. Some of those values are:
- Protecting and honoring autonomy
- Prioritizing care, connection, and curiosity
- Mutual aid
Additional Land Seeker Details
Regions interested in farming:
Gorge, 5, South Willamette Valley, North Willamette Valley, Portland Area
11 - 20 acres, 21+ acres
Seeking land access by:
February 1, 2023
Interested in raising the following crops / livestock:
Beans, Bees, Berries, Flowers, Goats, Grain, Hay, Herbs, Mushrooms, Nursery Stock, Nuts, Orchard/Fruit, Pasture, Vegetables, Other
Interested in these business arrangements:
Sale of Land, Lease-to-own, Lease with option to purchase, Lease for trade, Partnership, Other
Interested in these growing practices:
Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, 7
Date when this profile was last modified or created:
November 22, 2023