Couple looking to learn from current farm owners. Possible partnership?
Land Seeker Description
- Hello my name is Krystal and my husband’s name is Matt. We have a beautiful 3 year old son named Onyx.
- We are very interested in owning our own farming business in the future but we would love to learn from someone who already knows about farming. We are interested in an Organic farming experience. We aren’t too worried about what the crops are but more about the wholesome opportunity it would give us to learn something new and start the life we are looking for.
- We would love to both be able to work for or with you and help you with your farm. If you have an on site home for us temporarily that would be incredibly helpful to us.
- What we have to offer you: I lived on a ranch in Montana. We had a yearly garden that we maintained and I’ve cared for many animals. I also have office experience at a few different businesses as a manager, assistant manager, bookkeeper, and team lead. I took a couple of business classes and accounting classes in high school.
- Matt’s experience: he has a degree in automotive and has experience as a manager and team leader. He is currently a Mechanic in downtown Portland. He has also worked on many types of machines as a lead mechanical assembler and a micro manufacturing technician.
- We are hoping to learn the skills needed to open and run a farm or take over an existing farm. We are excited to hear from you.
What features of the property are essential?
I would love the farm to be either Certified or non certified Organic.
Describe your farming experience
I am a avid backyard gardener currently. I use all organic compost materials that my husband and I started last spring 2020. We also buy organic soil for our crops. But I have farmed also in Montana on my parents farm. It was a personal farm though. Not a business.
Are you currently farming?
What are your short term goals for the land
My short-term goals are to learn as much as possible in the next 5 years and try to save money to purchase a farm of my own.
What are your long term goals
I hope to have started my own Farm and have a booming agricultural business before 10 years is up.
Describe your housing needs
We would love it if there was a possibility of on-site housing. We do have a 3 year old, so we would like at least one separate bedroom for his bedroom setup.
Additional Land Seeker Details
Regions interested in farming:
5, South Willamette Valley
1 - 5 acres, 5 - 10 acres, 11 - 20 acres, 21+ acres
Seeking land access by:
June 10, 2021
Interested in raising the following crops / livestock:
Beans, Bees, Berries, Flowers, Grain, Hay, Herbs, Mushrooms, Nursery Stock, Nuts, Orchard/Fruit, Vegetables, Vineyard, Other
Interested in these business arrangements:
Sale of Land, Lease-to-own, Lease with option to purchase, Lease for trade, Partnership, Other
Interested in these growing practices:
Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified
Date when this profile was last modified or created:
May 19, 2021