Trade – seeking property caretaker in exchange for housing & land use in Baker County
We are seeking a knowledge and trustworthy onsite property caretaker to live on our ranch outside of Huntington, Oregon. The homestead property is a few hundred acres, with a barn, horse corral, shop, mobile home, and a vacation rental home onsite. Check out our website: Barber Ranch. There are a couple large fields that would be available to the right candidate. Need someone ASAP.
Job Title: Property Caretaker
Hours Required: Approximately 5 -10 hours per week
Compensation: Onsite Housing – 3 bdrm, 2 bath mobile home
Daily & Weekly Duties:
- Clean up garbage around houses and roads
- Roll garbage bins out weekly
- Clear overgrown weeds & dead trees around homestead
- Walk grounds weekly – report security or maintenance issues to managers
- When requested, meet vendors at ranch
- Report cows out to owners
- Restock Ranch House supplies (toilet paper, garbage bags, etc..)
- Ranch House guest host
- Help guests get access to Ranch House if needed
- Address maintenance or cleaning issues if reported
- Answer questions about ranch and area
- Host guests and give them space to enjoy their vacation
- Report any unauthorized guest behavior
- Fires, smoking outside of designated areas, fireworks or burning of any kind
- Hunting or shooting without permission
- Mow grass weekly
- Water Grass & Flower beds as needed
- Manage wasp nests & keep traps up
- Shovel snow to clear paths for guests
- Shovels decks weekly
- Arrange road plowing with local vendor as needed
Seasonal & Annual Duties:
- Twice per year, clear gutters of leaves and debris
- Twice per year, clean inside and outside of windows of Ranch House
Owner’s Short Term Vision for the Property
Find a reliable person to live onsite and help with vacation rental.
Owner’s Long Term Vision for the Property
Create a rustic yurt camp and vacation resort or working guest ranch.
Majority of land is Un-used. Barn and lower corrals need TLC. We lease the upper part of our land to a cattle ranch for grazing rights, leases for three years - open to interested proposals after lease period.
Currently, there is an active vacation rental that has guests 30% of time. It’s one of the only source of revenue for property at this time so an important part of the position is to ensure guests are given space to enjoy vacation.
Available Water / Irrigation
We have water rights for land to irrigate lower fields.
Soil Type / Quality
Good - former working cattle ranch (10+ years ago)
Buildings and Structures Available for Farm Use
Large wood barn, tin barn, shop, tackle house, garage, 3 bedroom manufactured home, and corrals.
Farm Equipment Available for Use, Sale or Lease
Yard tools, mower
Locations of land listings on map are not necessarily exact. Many are located on the nearest town or city.
Total Acreage: 2300
Acreage Available to Landseeker: 100
Date Property is Available: June 18, 2018
Possible Business Arrangements: Lease for cash, Lease for trade, Partnership, Other
Lease Rate / Price: Negotiable
Date when this listing was created:
June 19, 2018
Current Farming Practices: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional, 7
Farming Practices Allowed: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional, Other
Agriculture Types Suitable: Beans, Bees, Berries, Cattle, Dairy, Fiber Animals, Flowers, Goats, Grain, Hay, Herbs, Hogs, Horses, Mushrooms, Nursery Stock, Nuts, Orchard/Fruit, Pasture, Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep, Vegetables, Vineyard, Other
Housing Available? Yes
Water Available? Yes
Property Fenced? Yes
Land Holder Interested in Mentoring Land Seeker? No