For rent/lease: 150 certified organic acres in Selma, Josephine County, Oregon


The mission of the Siskiyou Field Institute is to increase the understanding of, and connection to the Klamath-Siskiyou ecoregion through education, scientific research and public engagement.  Our nonprofit organization has 150 acres of irrigated certified organic pasture which has been used for dairy heifers for the last 10 years.  We are interested in continuing sustainable ranching, farming, and research.  Applicants must be willing to work with a board of directors, and under the restrictions of our conservation management prescription.

Owner’s Short Term Vision for the Property

grass fed beef

Owner’s Long Term Vision for the Property

University associated research farming practices

Current Use

until August, when the heifers were removed for the Kalmiopsis wildfire.

Available Water / Irrigation

Water rights, river water needs to be pumped.

Soil Type / Quality

excellent loam

Buildings and Structures Available for Farm Use


Farm Equipment Available for Use, Sale or Lease

irrigation pump, some pipes

Any Restrictions That Could Limit Agricultural Production

Conservation easement held by OWEB, no access to river by farm animals. Students frequently use fields for research and classes.

Locations of land listings on map are not necessarily exact. Many are located on the nearest town or city.
County: Josephine

Farm Basics

Total Acreage: 150

Acreage Available to Landseeker: 150, subdivided in 3-4 fenced fields.

Date Property is Available: January 1, 2018

Possible Business Arrangements: Lease for cash

Lease Rate / Price: negotiable

Date when this listing was created: November 27, 2017

Farming Practices

Current Farming Practices: Certified Organic

Farming Practices Allowed: Certified Organic

Agriculture Types Suitable: Cattle, Fiber Animals, Flowers, Goats, Grain, Hay, Horses, Pasture, Sheep, Vegetables

Farm Details

Housing Available? No

Water Available? Yes

Property Fenced? Yes

Land Holder Interested in Mentoring Land Seeker? No

To contact a land holder, you must first fill out a land seeker profile and have it approved by our staff. Thank you.