The truck driver/ranch hand will operate truck and trailers for ranch customers and perform
ranch tasks such as operating equipment, repairing equipment and facilities and various other
tasks as assigned. Candidates must be able to find other trucking loads in addition to hauling all
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive and maintain semi-truck between Christmas Valley and Oregon and Washington
- Scheduling hauls, loading, tarping, and chaining when required.
- Communicating with customers
- Perform ranch tasks as assigned (including but not limited to operating farm equipment,
- Maintaining equipment & vehicles, repair and maintenance of ranch facilities, manual labor, etc.)
- Communicate with supervisor effectively and regularly as needed.
- Find hauling jobs outside of the ranch to keep truck as busy as possible.
- Operate truck according to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide accurate fuel records to supervisor for reporting.
- Seek out new hauling opportunities to maximize use of truck and trailers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Class A CDL with doubles endorsement and experience hauling 2+ trailers
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to take constructive criticism
- Keep all licenses and certifications up to date
- Class A CDL and experience hauling 2+ trailers
- Ability to pass background and drug checks
Hours Per Week
A maximum of 40 hours per week unless approved by supervisor for hours over 40 per week.
Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Benefits not currently available.