To apply for a job, you must first sign up for the site.
Full Time: 40+ hours/ week (peak season= April- July)
Permanent Position: Beginning Feb 2022, 2+ years desired
Schedule: Work days are generally Monday through Friday, with some weekends April- June. A one-week vacation after July is encouraged, also winter vacation time of up to two-months is negotiable.
Red Dog Farm is a 23-acre production organic produce farm located in Chimacum, WA. We grow over 100 different varieties of vegetables and berries for retail-direct sales. Our produce is sold through our 200 member CSA, two local farmers markets, 30 local restaurants and stores and our on-farm Farm Stand. We employ about 20 people seasonally, with 6 or so year-round. The work environment is fun and fast-paced. We are serious about growing tons of food for our community.
This position primarily operates equipment in our fields under the direction of the production manager or farm owner. Previous experience with equipment, particularly in the context of row crop farming, is desired. Strong applicants would have common sense and mechanical awareness and be able to follow complex directions. This position also works on the field crew team when tractor work is not available. This may involve harvesting, working in the packshed, making deliveries, moving irrigation lines, or any other field work task.
• Perform field tractor work using a variety of equipment and implements including but not limited to fertilizing, plowing, chiseling, discing, mowing, tilling, flaming, cultivating, seeding, spraying, laying plastic and drip, pulling plastic and drip, digging potatoes, root lifting, transplanting, walk-behind tiller
• Perform non-field tractor work such as bucket work, box blade, towing, load moving, unloading
• Farm labor including harvest, irrigation, field work
Background and Skills:
• Tractor and other equipment experience
• Mechanical experience- ability to problem-solve and think creatively, using resources on-hand and common sense
• Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and situations
• Ability to work independently primarily, while also being part of a team
• Must have a clean driver’s license and be capable of handling physically demanding work