To apply for a job, you must first sign up for the site.
The High Desert Food & Farm Alliance is a nonprofit supporting a healthy and thriving food and farm network in Central Oregon through education, collaboration and inclusivity. HDFFA works to improve the lives of Central Oregonians by addressing the root causes of food insecurity through education and empowerment. Our food access programs affect hundreds of families in the region by improving the availability of fresh food and providing nutrition education programs. We build the capacity of farmers to grow and access local markets to provide food for the region. We collaborate with local businesses and nonprofits who appreciate our work, and whose efforts help to create a more vibrant food and farm community. Our programs include: Grow & Give fresh food drive; Cooking Classes and Veggie Rx; and Agricultural Support.
The Program Support Coordinator will provide administrative support to our programs that help address food security and support farmers, ranchers and food entrepreneurs in Central Oregon. They will be relied upon to accurately and efficiently complete tasks and will engage in activities that help ensure the efficiency and productivity of our food access programs: Fresh Harvest Kits, Grow & Give and mobile food truck.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in administration and program support. They will possess excellent organizing and public relations skills and be self-motivated and able to work as a team. They must have administrative and management skills including use of Microsoft Office and Google programs and knowledge of or willingness to learn online programs and applications. If you are looking to combine your passion for food and farming with a growing organization, this job is for you!
Essential Position Duties:
● Have a working knowledge of HDFFA and our mission, values and projects
● Support planning and coordination of programs and their activities
● Manage volunteers through an online portal and provide training as needed
● Coordination of web-based outreach including website updates, blog posts and newsletters
● Event coordination including developing a 2020 Nutrition and Farm conference, organizing general outreach opportunities, maintaining an event calendar and conducting public outreach.
● Manage communication through media relations, including monthly TV appearances, consistent public service announcements with a radio group, social media and editing of content for publication
● Help build positive relations with external partners
● Maintain Google Drive file management
● Perform administrative tasks
● Support the implementation of food access projects including Fresh Harvest Kits, Grow & Give and mobile food truck
● Bachelor’s degree
● Experience in administrative work
● Extremely organized, detail oriented and possess time management skills
● Experience volunteering or working with a non-profit
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Collaborative, administrative and management skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Able to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google applications efficiently
● Familiar with MailChimp and WordPress (optional Adobe InDesign)
● Exhibit a positive attitude and have proven ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team
● Familiar with food systems and food insecurity
Compensation and Time Commitment:
Commensurate with experience: hourly rate of $14-16/hour. Benefits include paid time off for holidays and personal days, monthly contribution to a tax free account for health insurance and other medical expenses, and pre-tax Aflac supplemental insurance options. Part-time equivalent of 30 hours per week, evening and weekend hours will occur. There is room for growth in this position over time. Travel throughout the region is required with a personal vehicle; travel will be reimbursed at a set non-profit rate.