Location: Eugene, Oregon
General Description: Mountain Rose Herbs is a progressive company seeking dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. This is a full-time, fast paced position which requires working under strict deadlines.
The starting wage for this position will be $18.00/hour DOE
This position must follow regulatory, Oregon Tilth regulations, Safety regulations, and GMP compliance at all times.
Supervised by: Director of Warehouse Operations (DWO)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and efficiency.
- Must have the ability to communicate competently with the DWO particularly for any questions, concerns or issues that arise.
- Possess the ability to follow instructions and work well with others in a team orientated environment.
- Position requires the ability to “shift gears” at a moment’s notice and have a professional demeanor.TECHNICAL SKILLS- Must have knowledge of printing equipment; including but not limited to: digital label press, Datamax thermal transfer printers, Afinia full color printer, matrix removers and spitters, cutting dies, and lamination equipment. Must possess the ability to learn and become proficient in the use of existing and new technologies. Must also be flexible and adaptable, as machines can break down and production deadlines can be very tight.
COMPUTER SKILLS– Must have knowledge of printing software; including but not limited to: Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Bartender, Labelview and database set up. Skills needed include the ability to build out files, incorporate art files for our product line which entails thousands of products with unique label requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Following MRH procedures and protocols
- The Coordinator should always be aware of, follow, and enforce rules laid out not only in the Employee Handbook but any/all applicable laws and guidelines for employee privacy, confidentiality, etc.
- Follow all protocols to ensure both Organic and GMP standards as well as confirming that all staff in the label production area follows these protocols as well.
- Oversee all finished product label printing to ensure exceptional quality and accuracy, and stock is ready for production application.
- Coordinate with various department heads on an ongoing basis to ensure label needs are met and production teams are supplied on time.
- Troubleshoot and address printing issues on both the mechanical level and file adjustments.
- Review job requests to determine which labels need to be printed and the priority assigned.
- Initiate label approval process on any new or existing products that require label
- Accurately generate art and die line files for printing.
- Perform day-to-day operations involving the printing of labels and the coordination with the packaging departments, to bring beautiful, compliantly labelled manufactured products to market.
- Responsible for ordering label stock and materials, keeping printers operational and coordinating the addition of new packaging and designs.
- Operate label printing machines.
- Run several machines with different size and color capacities.
- Maintain compliant paperwork and files.
- Monitor cleanliness and safety of the work areas and informing the proper department of any concerns.
- Oil and clean the presses and make minor repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Ensure the thorough and proper training of new label printing staff.
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Working in a fast paced, dusty and/or potentially hazardous environment (with proper use safety equipment and protocols)
- Exposure to strong aromatics
- Lifting up to 50 pounds or more (with assistance when needed), pushing, pulling, moving heavy boxes but not less than 5-20 pounds continuously.
- Stooping, bending at knees, bending at the waist associated with retrieving and/or stocking finished and blank from upper and lower shelves.
- Being on one’s feet most of the day either while at a fixed station or walking while monitoring equipment.
- Associated twisting, bending, pulling, manual dexterity, etc. as necessary to complete the printing tasks.