To apply for a job, you must first sign up for the site.
Full Time: 40 hours per week (Part Time option available)
Seasonal: April- December
Schedule: April- May: Tuesday- Saturday; June- October: Friday- Monday, November- December: Tuesday- Saturday
We are looking for a friendly, professional individual to run our twice weekly farmers market booths- at Port Townsend Saturday and Chimacum Sunday markets. The ideal applicant would have excellent customer service skills, be adept at multi-tasking, be able to train and lead co-workers in all market tasks, possess produce handling skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If full time work is desired, position would include harvesting and a variety of other field work.
• Operate two weekly fast-paced farmers markets- managing product, staff and sales
• Lead loading, transportation, delivery, and set up of the market booths
• Manage a constantly changing, aesthetically beautiful produce display
• Provide excellent customer service
• Handle cash in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain sales record sheets and be accountable for till reckoning
• Train and manage the work of two other farmers market staff
• Communicate regularly with the farm owner and farm manager
• Make deliveries to accounts, ensuring orders are complete
Background and Skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with a team and managing a group effectively
• Experience with retail produce display
• Ability to do mental math, without use of a calculator
• Ability to operate high volume farmers market booths
• Must have a clean drivers license and be comfortable driving large trucks
• Must be capable of handling physically demanding work for extended periods of time
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Flexibility to adapt to changing situations
Compensation: $15 per hour. Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise.