Dates: March/April – October 31, 2021
Owner/Manager is seeking to step back from farm management to focus on the catering aspect of the business and is looking for the right individual to ideally partner with for long term farm management and development.
This is the perfect opportunity for the beginning farmer with a few years of field experience who is ready to take their skills to another level. Hone your leadership and management skills while bringing fresh ideas to help elevate the productivity and sustainability of our small market garden.
Farm Manager will work with owner/manager to lead and oversee farm crew in the day-to-day operations of a small vegetable farm. Looking ideally for someone with an interest to grow with the position for multiple seasons.
- Manage day to day operations, including field operations and crew activities:
- Manage and coordinate vegetable, flower and herb production: crop planning, greenhouse production, soil management, field preparations, plantings, weed management, irrigation, pest management, harvest and marketing activities.
- Manage crew activities: assess labor needs, communicate plans, anticipate materials and labor needed for crew activities
- Work with owner on overall farm management, planning, setting priorities
- Help with marketing
- Help develop new income sources for farm
- Minimum 2+ years farming experience, preferably with some management responsibilities
- Knowledge of crops and organic growing techniques
- Highly organized with good communication skills
- Physically fit with the ability to work at a quick pace
- Self-motivated, hard working, good team player, great multi-tasker, excellent people skills with the ability to motivate crew members
- Comfortable working with small equipment (i.e. rototiller, weedwacker, possibly tractor) or learning these skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills v Good attitude and sense of humor
- Enjoy working with people
- Comfortable representing the farm to the public at farmers’ markets and other venues
- Valid driver’s license