About the Farm
Blue Moose Farm, located in the heart of the mid-Willamette Valley, is a 14.2 acre diversified family farm. We grow market garden food crops and our primary sales outlets are farmers markets and local restaurants. We practice sustainable and regenerative farming techniques. Part of the farm is certified organic and the rest of the acreage is in transition.
For more information about us, please check out our website and Facebook page.
We are looking for someone with at least 2 years farming experience on a production oriented farm, who has good time management skills and will be able to work independently. As we are a small farm no two days will look the same and you will do a little bit of everything. Strong organizational skills, flexibility, adaptabilty and a good sense of humor are essential.
- Meet daily with Farm Owners to establish task plan, weeding priorities, planting dates, fertilizing/watering schedules
- Train and manage 2-4 summer farm helpers and supervise volunteers
- Supervise field work: bed preparation, transplanting, weeding, trellising, pruning, pest management
- Set up, monitor, and maintain drip irrigation
- Assist with and participate at one of two farmers markets
- Minimum 2 years farming experience, with at least one full season on a production oriented farm
- Ability to work outside in all conditions with a positive attitude
- Awareness/familiarity with common agricultural pests, signs of pest damage, and PNW plant diseases
- Good health and ability to work standing, sitting, bending over, kneeling and to lift up to 50lbs
- Must have own transportation, drivers license, and clean driving record
- February (flexible start date) – November – with the possibility of extending into winter
- About 40 hours a week, some weeks we may need a little more
- One weekend day (Saturday) required to assist with farmers market
- We have space available for a trailer or similar type of movable housing
- We will consider couples on a case by case basis
- While we are not currently raising any animals, we have land and infrastructure available to raise bees, chickens, or perhaps a very small herd of livestock. We would consider allowing a personal venture in raising animals or any crop we are not currently growing.