Up to 2 acres for sustainable/organic produce production
Small family livestock farm is interested in a lease for trade arrangement with a sustainable veggie farmer. We have up to 2 acres available on our 23 acre farm. We currently have a dozen Dexter cows, some chickens, and a few goats.
What we can offer:
- Up to 2 acres
- Recent soil tests (needs some liming…5.7 PH)
- Access to water with extensive water rights
- Access to chickens for manure and other uses
- Plenty of cow patties for composting
- OK with season extenders
What we want in return:
- A share portion in your CSA capable of supplying 2 people (Basically, veggies for us)
- A compost pile that we can add to
- 14 days (not consecutive) of farm sitting for our livestock during the growing season. This would consist of checking water in the AM & PM, handling any emergencies, and possibly feeding. Would not require staying on premises. Disclaimer: Our livestock operation may grow to include meat birds, hogs, and turkeys.
We prefer someone who is currently operating some form of productive veggie farm (no matter how small) and is looking to expand their operation.
Owner’s Short Term Vision for the Property
Get some veggies out of the land.
Owner’s Long Term Vision for the Property
Improve soil fertility, continue growing livestock operation, make the property and operation self-sustaining.
Available Water / Irrigation
!=14 acres of water rights.
Soil Type / Quality
Buildings and Structures Available for Farm Use
Farm Equipment Available for Use, Sale or Lease
Irrigation pump, 4inch delivery lines, 500 gallon water tank.
Any Restrictions That Could Limit Agricultural Production
Locations of land listings on map are not necessarily exact. Many are located on the nearest town or city.
Total Acreage: 23
Acreage Available to Landseeker: 2
Date Property is Available:
Possible Business Arrangements: Lease for trade
Date when this listing was created:
January 3, 2018
Current Farming Practices: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional
Farming Practices Allowed: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional, Other
Agriculture Types Suitable: Beans, Bees, Herbs, Vegetables
Housing Available? No
Water Available? Yes
Property Fenced? Yes
Land Holder Interested in Mentoring Land Seeker? No