0.5 acres organic deer-fenced and irrigated with spring water in Hood River


I’m too busy/incompetent to farm my place. Seeking farmer (preferably CSA) to keep my 1/2 acre plot happy. Maintain the place neat and feed me some veggies and I wont charge you rent.

It is organic land. Plumbed and irrigated with spring water. Fenced against deer.

Definitely open to expanding the fenced area. Also open to animals (goats?). Check out my ad (https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/roo/d/seeking-roommate-for-mitchell/6374352000.html) for the house in case you want to be roommates too.

Owner’s Short Term Vision for the Property

Keep the farm nice

Owner’s Long Term Vision for the Property

CSA farm with goats, some community-style housing

Current Use

Not being used

Available Water / Irrigation

Spring water, 100psi

Soil Type / Quality

unknown (sandy?)

Buildings and Structures Available for Farm Use

Some sheds and a small greenhouse

Farm Equipment Available for Use, Sale or Lease

Tractor, shovels, wheel barrow, etc

Any Restrictions That Could Limit Agricultural Production

Winding driveway

Locations of land listings on map are not necessarily exact. Many are located on the nearest town or city.
County: Hood River

Farm Basics

Total Acreage: 50

Acreage Available to Landseeker: 0.5

Date Property is Available: November 5, 2017

Possible Business Arrangements: Lease for cash, Lease for trade, Partnership

Lease Rate / Price: free

Date when this listing was created: November 6, 2017

Farming Practices

Current Farming Practices: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional

Farming Practices Allowed: Certified Organic, Organic, Not Certified, Biodynamic, Dry Farming, Season Extension, Conventional, Other

Agriculture Types Suitable: Beans, Bees, Berries, Fiber Animals, Flowers, Goats, Herbs, Horses, Nursery Stock, Pasture, Poultry, Rabbits, Vegetables

Farm Details

Housing Available? Yes

Water Available? Yes

Property Fenced? Yes

Land Holder Interested in Mentoring Land Seeker? Yes

To contact a land holder, you must first fill out a land seeker profile and have it approved by our staff. Thank you.