To apply for a job, you must first sign up for the site.
Join our team! We have an opening for a part time Crew member
Harvest days are busy picking, cutting, washing, sorting, and grading. Attention to detail is important. Outside of harvesting, we’re a small farm, so each person gets to be involved in many different tasks. Among the many jobs there is seeding, transplanting, thinning, staking, hoeing & hand weeding. We use drip irrigation almost exclusively so we spend a good bit of time with drip tape, risers and headers. Various other jobs might include unloading trucks, weedwacking, hand watering or delivering into town. And then there’s always more hoeing.
– Physical strength and stamina for working long days in all weather
– Some experience harvesting and field work on a diversified production farm
– Able to lift 50lbs
– In good health with no limitations, cigarette smoking or substance abuse
– Clean drivers license & ability to drive a manual transmission
– Energetic and able to maintain positive attitude even during peak season
– Team player with an excellent work ethic
Our Ideal Candidate…
– Is ergonomic/safety conscious
– Has good verbal and written communication skills
– Has a good sense of humor
– Desires to be part of the local food movement
– Doesn’t mind dancing in the fields every now and then, or bursting out in song
Terms & Compensation
Start date: Now thru October or November
Hours flexible: 8-20 hrs/wk, maybe more
Starting at $10/hr. + lots of good, healthy veggies to fill your fridge
Position open until filled.