$10.50/hr, to start DOE
Part-time (16-30 hrs/wk) May-September. Full-time (40 hrs/wk) October-April.
Number of positions available: 1
If full-time year-round employment is preferred, it is possible to also apply for our ‘Summer Field Assistant’ position if one is open. See our ‘Job Opportunities‘ page for details.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Process orders for fulfillment.
- Quickly pick, pack and ship orders with meticulous attention to detail.
- Methodically fill seed packets manually with exceptional precision, care and efficiency.
- Ensure smooth fulfillment of orders and general customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain high levels of quality control.
- Identify seed packet inventory needs.
- Assist in managing seasonal packet filling team to meet inventory goals.
- Provide general office/sales support including organizing and monitoring office supplies, data entry, filing, sorting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to assist meeting production goals, which may include seed and/or field work outdoors.
- Exceptionally high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates openly with and accepts feedback from team members to improve efficiency and achieve high levels of quality and accuracy.
- Must be competent in performing basic mental math quickly and accurately (addition/subtraction in grams/ounces).
- Basic Mac computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly (Google Drive, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, backend website tools, order generation, PayPal shipping, etc.).
- Have a valid driver’s license (required for post office runs).
- Able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 40lbs.
- Basic understanding and prior experience in farming and open-pollinated organic seed.
- Interest in and commitment to sustainable organic agriculture.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a fast-paced environment with a sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Flexibility in work schedule depending on seasonal workload.
- Job review at 3 months with potential for advancement.
- Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time in cold seed storage/office.
- Work will be done in close proximity to other employees.
- Possible option for full-time year-round employment if prior farm/field work experience.
- Must be able to tolerate a cat-friendly environment.
- For further details about the company culture at Adaptive Seeds, and the qualities we’re looking for in a teammate, please see our ‘General Employment Considerations‘ PDF.